Our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that provides options for both you and your family's health, wellness, and financial security. We understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity-and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family. The companies benefits package is designed to add value to your personal and professional lives with features that enhance health and wellbeing. Some of the benefits the company offers includes paid time off, medical, dental, retirement, rewards program, and so much more!
Essential Job Functions
- This position requires driving for the company using either a company vehicle, rental vehicle or their personal vehicle.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Install and maintain diverse heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems
- Lay out wires and pipes to complete HVAC systems
- Perform general and preventative maintenance on HVAC systems
- Ensure that all installations are done in accordance to the set standards
- Ensure calibration of thermostats and other controls
- Perform checks on motors and belts and handle lubrication duties
- Change filters and replace any parts as they wear out
- Handle conduit running for HVAC equipment
- Respond to emergency situations in order to resolve issues on an immediate basis, to include serving as the on-call HVAC Technician for nights, weekends and on holidays.
- Replace faulty or expired parts in an HVAC system
- Fabricate parts in case parts are not readily available
- Determine need for upgrading HVAC systems and take measures to take necessary actions
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
High school diploma (or equivalent) with advanced training resulting in a certification or a degree/journeyman license in HVAC Repair and Servicing, and must possess a current EPA 608 Universal Certification.
Experience and Qualifications
- Have strong knowledge of overall building maintenance and have specialized knowledge in HVAC servicing and installations.
- Five or more years' experience in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC problems.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, plans and manuals
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurance.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts up to a week at a time in duration.
- Previous experience leading and/or indirect supervision other highly desirable.
- Possess a current EPA 608 Universal Certification required.
- Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation, and charging.
- Understands basics of AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
- Understands the process of treating air to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Will be required to be on-call for after-hours emergency maintenance on a rotating basis.
Majority of the tasks associated with this position will be performed indoors, however, some duties will require the ability to function outdoors with exposure to seasonal weather conditions for short periods of time. May have exposure to potential safety hazards.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
5 years: Provides ongoing work assignments and on the job training for Maintenance Technician. Overseeing and inspecting work performed by maintenance staff. Assist training, and like assists other technicians with troubleshooting and repairs as needed. (required)