Our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that provides options for both you and your family's health, wellness, and financial security. We understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity-and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family. The Company's benefits package is designed to add value to your personal and professional lives with features that enhance health and wellbeing. Some of the benefits the company offers includes paid time off, medical, dental, retirement, rewards program, and so much more!
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Community Director is responsible for the operational and financial oversight of their assigned community to achieve company goals. Results will be achieved through facilitating the optimum performance of the community in areas such as personnel management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancement, capital improvements, Government/Partner relationship, information reporting and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies. This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, along with strong computer and hands on-management skills.
- Performs all tasks typically associated with managing staff such as, recruit, hire, train, coach, evaluate and discipline up to and including termination of direct reports.
- Serve as Hunt's liaison with the Government and maintains an open line of communication with the local and other Government entities as necessary.
- Manage the daily operations of a multi-family military housing property.
- Closely monitor the financial performance and operations within the approved budget of the property. The focus is maximizing cash flow after debt service. Operate within budget and purchasing guidelines.
- Guide a team in achieving income and occupancy goals by offering superior sales skills, customer service and relationship management.
- Analyze operations and initiate change to improve the community's performance. Identify and implement opportunities to increase revenue that enhance the asset's value.
- Monitor internal and external market forces and develop strategies to maintain a highly competitive product and occupancy of to maximize occupancy.
- Report on the progress of all assigned projects. Act as liaison between on-site management and residents / military partner and communicate effectively with management when problems or changes occur.
- Foster an environment of proactive and on-going marketing and advertising efforts to increase the visibility & profitability of the community. Maintain an in-depth, ongoing knowledge of the local market and economic trends and implement marketing plans accordingly.
- Perform physical inspections of all aspects of the property including but not limited to amenity spaces and all common areas and verify condition of vacant homes.
- Make sure that the residents are held accountable for the preservation of the assets.
- Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure change of occupancy maintenance meets HMC standards after move-out.
- Maintain records of all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Generate various reports as required.
- Obtain bids and manage capital improvement projects per company guidelines and budget.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and general bookkeeping.
- Provide customer service to residents resolving any issues that may occur and ensuring maintenance completes service re-quests in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly market surveys and provide trend report information.
- Establishing and maintaining renewal programs as required.
- Overseeing risk management and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all persons and property.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implements short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property's occupancy and revenue goals.
- Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- This position requires driving for the company using either a company vehicle, rental vehicle or their personal vehicle.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Ensure all resident requests or complaints are resolved in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications; e.g. complaints, service requests, etc.
- Implement, design, and maintain a resident retention program (newsletter, resident referral program and/or social activities).
- Operate financially within the approved budgets.
- Creation of annual budget.
- Ensures all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner.
- Perform evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord liens as required on delinquent rentals.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Approve invoices for payment and review expense reports and handle all funds.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and perform to financial goals (i.e., income, expenses, and budgets).
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives.
- Hire, train, terminate, performance management, motivate and direct supervision all on-site staff to achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes new employee on-boarding and training, on-going formal and informal performance evaluation, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Provide comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and including terminations of employment if necessary while collaborating with Director of Operations and Human Resources.
- Conduct on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed daily.
- Daily ensure that all employees operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety polices.
- Oversees and monitors all problems that may be handled by or include staff members.
- Daily monitor employee timecards and punches daily to ensure proper payroll practices.
Experience and Qualifications
- Five years previous property leasing experience or applicable skills.
- Two years' previous experience managing others.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with YARDI is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO) certification or Accredited Residential Management (ARM) certification highly preferred. Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization as well as working with the military community and the military command.
- Valid driver's license required.