All Operators are responsible for safety, operational efficiencies, quality standards, preventive maintenance, sanitation and administrative support. Each Operator will have a development plan, successful cross training and completion of certification in at least four job functions (CER Dryer, UFRO, Evaporator and HTST). These requirements are mandatory to qualify for the Master Shift Relief Operator position. Operators must perform and participate in a team environment where shared responsibilities, problem solving, achieving team goals and continuous improvements of the overall process are basic expectations. All operators are expected to work on any assignments determined necessary by the Supervisor or management to ensure team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works in any of the functional areas within the facility. This may include: CER Dryer operator, HTST operator, UFRO operator, Evaporator Operator.
2. Engaged in problem solving to assist in improving safety, quality, yields and productivity.
3. Engaged with focus team, safety team, quality team, etc. Must be a member of at least one team in support of continuous improvement for the plant.
4. Demonstrates a high level of safety and quality ownership coupled with a high degree of urgency.
5. Ensures safe operation through adherence to Environmental, Health, and Safety programs and procedures.
6. Ensures operational efficiencies: positioning work, setting up jobs, adjusting and operating equipment for proper functions and manufacture of product.
7. Maintains process control by monitoring statistical information and reporting variations to Supervisor or Quality Assurance Manager.
8. Performs Quality monitoring of activities to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate.
Daily cleaning of task area, keeping work area free of clutter. During CIP all operators are responsible for detailed cleaning in their task areas. Strict adherence to housekeeping and plant Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is mandatory.
9. Inspect all equipment as required and complete required preventative maintenance on assigned task area and turn in completed documentation.
10. Identify mechanical issues, symptom recognition, list probable faulty functions, failure analysis should not take more than 5 minutes before calling maintenance.
11. Cover vacations for operator for CER Dryer, Evaporator, HTST, UFRO on day shift or night shift on your scheduled side of the week.
12. Must be trained and signed off to operate CER Dryer, HTST, Evaporator and Evaporator with in 6 months of accepting job.
Required Minimum Qualifications:Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent
* One plus years of business or related college course work preferred.
* Three years of manufacturing production experience preferred.
* Multiple system knowledge across the DFA facility required
* SAP software experience a plus
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
* Strong organizational and planning skills.
* Experience reconciling production transactions.
* 2-3 years related experience preferred.
* Requires excellent communication skills at all levels.